Station 16 - Arrowwood
NorthWest Fire Protection Association was created in 1976. It consists of directors from all regions of our fire service area. We are stationed and manned in Arrowwood AB. Our service area is approximately 330 square miles.Contact Info:
Station 17 - Milo
September 21, 1960 The Milo and District Fire Committee was established. Shortly after it was incorporated as the Milo and District Fire Association. A model T Ford truck was purchased and equipped with a Soda-Acid tank and served as the only fire protection for many years. In the mid 1940’s a hand pulled chemical pumper was acquired and used until it was mounted in a 1928 Chevrolet truck in the early 1950’s. These days the Milo Dept. has a Triple Combination Engine, a CAFS truck, a First Response medical truck, and a Hovercraft. We have a strong and well trained local roster of volunteers that cover the community of Milo and surrounding service area of 270,720 acres.Contact Info:
Station 19 - LomondBrayden Shepherd Fire Chief
Station 20 - ChampionChampion Fire Department was established in 1941, and is going strong today.
Station 21 - CarmangayThe Carmangay Fire Department has been in operation since the 1950’s. A pump truck was purchased in 2004 and a new fire hall was built in 2009.
Station 27 - VulcanVulcan Fire Department was created in the early 1950’s. Throughout the years the fire service in Vulcan has grown and developed from the Rural Fire Coop to the Vulcan and District Emergency Services Society, and now to the Vulcan County Emergency Services Station 27. The members have continued to serve the residents in their County with pride for over 70 years and counting! History is important to the Vulcan Fire Department, the first response unit was a 1929 Ford Fire truck which can still be seen at the Fire hall and whenever possible at local parades!