The Bylaw Enforcement department is committed to serve, protect, and provide a desired quality of life for residents and visitors alike by raising public awareness of community standards. Together, municipal Peace Officers and Bylaw Enforcement Officers are responsible for:
- Investigating and monitoring bylaw compliance concerns and infractions;
- Monitoring compliance of municipal bylaws through patrols;
- Assisting with bylaw creation;
- Meeting with communities to facilitate proactive solutions to local issues; and
- Meeting the needs of residents by resolving local complaints by means of mediation or prosecution.
A bylaw enforcement officer is a law enforcement employee of a municipality, county or regional district, charged with the enforcement of non-criminal bylaws, rules, laws, codes or regulations enacted by local governments.
Bylaws & Online Document Library
Below you will find an alphabetical listing of the most commonly requested Bylaws. Please visit the County Bylaw Database in this website for the most complete and up-to-date files. If you are unable to find a specific bylaw, please contact the Main Administration Office at 403.485.2241.