Development Permits


What you are allowed to develop on your property depends on its "land use zoning".  To find out your land use zoning go to the Planning and Development page.

You may download an application form here. Please fill out all fields to the best of your ability, and sign on all lines denoting a signature.

Vulcan County requires three things be submitted for an application to be complete: A completed, and signed application form, a site plan drawing indicating where on the property you will be locating your development and all set-backs from other buildings, property lines and roads (Set back requirements are listed in the relevant land use section of the bylaw, see Planning and Development Page), and a fee which is outlined in our Fees for Service Bylaw

If you have any questions or concerns please contact our team over the phone at (403)485-2241 or email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

If you have completed your application form you may scan and email it to the address listed above, mail it to our office at PO Box 180 Vulcan, AB T0L 2B0 or drop it off in person at 102 Centre St, in Vulcan, AB.

Vulcan County

Vulcan County, conveniently located in beautiful sunny southern Alberta, is a vibrant and progressive rural community with prime farming, ranching, residential, leisure and recreation opportunities. Strategically situated one hour south of Calgary and one hour north of Lethbridge, we offer a rich quality of life in a rural setting.

Download TeamViewer

General Contact Info

 Box 180, 102 Centre St. Vulcan, AB
 (403) 485-2241
 (403) 485-2920

Keep in Touch