Tax Certificates are legal documents from Vulcan County indicating the financial status of taxes for a particular property. These are typically used by lawyers and banking institutions as a confirmation of tax balances; however, these are also available to the landowners of the property.
To order a tax certificate please submit request either by:
- Fax request to 403-485-2920
- Mail request to Box 180 Vulcan AB T0L 2B0
- Bring request in by person at 102 Centre Street, Vulcan, Alberta
When submitting your tax certificate request, please include the following:
- Contact information, including name and phone number
- Legal land locations for all properties being requested
- File reference number (if applicable)
- Fee Payment
All Certificates are faxed upon completion and then mailed.
Please note that the Tax Certificates are only processed once payment is received. We accept Credit Card/ Cheque/ Money Order/ Cash. Tax Certificates are $30.00 per titled parcel. Fees are outlined in our current Fees for Service Bylaw, to view this Bylaw, please see our Fees for Service Bylaw section. If you are a registered landowner on title for the property, the tax certificates and other tax information is available to you at no charge.
Vulcan County strives to achieve no more than a 24 hour turn around once payment has been received.